Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MOMMY SPOTLIGHT #7

I love new mom stories!!! I love hearing about all the new surprises and all the different experiences! I had the honor of meeting our featured mommy because she married one of my good friends and since then, the times that we have hung out spoken or facebooked I have been great, dare I say, she is one of the most genuine people I have ever meet. We have become, I hope, good friends! When you are around her you can't help but smile and feel good, she is always smiling and has such a positive attitude that it just rubs off on you! I was excited when she agreed to be featured in our Mommy Spotlight! I would like everyone to meet Ada Rodriguez-Lamboy:

 I’m a 32 year old 1st time mom to a 3 month old baby boy.  I work full time and live in Orlando, my husband and I have known each other since we were 16 and I couldn’t picture my life without him.  We’ve seen each other through everything, the good, the bad, the ups and downs.  There definitely has not been a dull moment for us. I was raised in the Bronx and swore I would NEVER leave N.Y. (who leaves the city that never sleeps, right?).  In 2005 we decided to move to Orlando and 6 years later I can honestly say it was the best decision we ever made.  To sum it up, it’s just a pleasure living here. We managed to get married, purchase a home, and have a baby, now all we need is a dog, lol.

Modern Mom:Did you always want to have children?
Ada:Yes, although I waited a long time to have my baby. I’ve always wanted to be a mom. I think I needed to go through the different stages of adulthood and take the time to be selfish, to make mistakes and to really get to know me before I could truly accept being a mom.



MM: Describe your son in five words?
Ada:Happy, Adorable, Angelic, Calm, Chunky J

MM:What most surprised you about motherhood?
Ada:How quickly my motherly instincts kicked in. I thought this was something that would come to me gradually but it happened instantly and I wasn’t expecting that.



MM:You recently went back to work how was that?
Ada:The first week was horrible, I cried all the way to work my first day back. I’ve been back 3 weeks and I’ve gotten used to it.



MM:How do you juggle a new baby and work and being a wife?
Ada:It’s definitely not easy but thankfully I have help. My husband helps as much as he can and I finally understand that I can’t possibly do everything. So I try to pace myself, if not I tend to get overwhelmed which isn’t good for any of us.

MM:How is your husband adjusting to the new baby? 
Ada:The transition actually looks easy for him.  He makes it look like it’s a role he’s been ready to play his whole life.  It’s awesome to watch!!

MM:What do you least like about motherhood?
Ada:Having to witness my son go through any kind of pain or discomfort.



MM: Will you have more kids?
Ada:I’m not sure yet, maybe?


MM:What is one thing you want to instill in your child?
Ada:To be honest with himself and others and always be a man of his word.


MM:Any advice to new moms?
Ada:Make sure you take the time to REALLY get to know your baby. They may be tiny but they already have a personality of their own. The sooner you learn their ways, the better you will be at being a mom. Also they really do grow way too fast!!! Make sure you pay attention to each phase of infancy or you’ll miss it.
 
She is so right sometimes we get caught up in doing our job as being mothers that we forget to enjoy our jobs of being mothers. I am very guilty of that, you get so caught up in trying to get everything done that you miss what is right in front of you, this little creature growing up right in front of you. Moments are what I live for and we have to pay attention and cherish them!
 
Thank you again to Ada for agreeing to be featured and I hope you enjoy it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment