Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crying between Crayons, and Colored Pencils



I really am not an emotional person, who am I kidding yes I currently am an emotional person, but I don't really cry alot and I never ever try to cry in public, but the other day I found myself crying right smack in the middle of Target  back to school sale. Right there in between the crayons and colored pencils was me crying! OK so I maybe a bit dramatic, but these feelings they are all so new to me. I don't really know how to react to them. 

This coming September Layla will be going to school for the first time ever!!! I just can't believe it. It feels like only yesterday we were bringing home from the hospital and now she is three years old and going off to school! OK so it's only half day and yes its only pre-school but that's a big deal. She has only ever been in the care of a handful of people and now she is going to be in a class room with other kids and a teacher. I just can't believe it. I know I will probably be crying more than she will on the first day of school. I bet she will not even turn around to say bye to me! I know I have to let go, I know she will be fine, but she is my baby. Ugh!!! OK I am being too dramatic! She will be fine! She is my daughter! She will kick ass! Hopefully I won't breakdown crying in front of the other parents! Now that would be embarrassing!

25 days till the first day of school!! Let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Give yourself a break. You might not be the only one crying on that day.

    http://www.louisecazley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete