Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finally We Getting Some Where...

Well it's been a long journey and a trying one, but finally I am happy to report that my lil'lady is out of diapers and is totally rid of her "bobo". We still have some little accidents here and there but for the most part she is completely potty trained. I can't believe that my baby is out of diapers they grow up so fast. Next year she is going to be going to school. I just can't wrap my head around that. It's like you can't wait for them to be learning and reaching each of their milestones but when they do reach them you realize that sooner rather than later they are going to be less dependent on you and more able take care of themselves. I am all for her being able to take care of herself, but for me I see it as bittersweet.
I can not explain how much I wanted my daughter. Even before she was born I pictured her, how she would be, what her voice would sound like, who she would look like. I prayed she'd have my husband's personality and sense of humor so that not much could get her down, and have my curiosity for life and learning. It was amazing to me when she finally arrived how all of my love, my dreams, my vision for the future were all wrapped up in this tiny creature. I still can't believe that when I get home everyday and she begins to tell me about all her adventures while I was gone,that little face looking up to me was made by my husband and I.
I know I am a little dramatic I mean she just learned to use the potty, but I finally feel that I am getting somewhere. As a parent you sometimes wonder if you are doing enough, if you are doing it right, if anything that you can possible do will affect your children. These small accomplishments, are what I believe validate us.I can look at my children and finally feel like I am getting a grip on this whole motherhood thing, that I write so much about. I am finally getting the balance that I am always fighting for. We wear so many hats as mothers, as parents in general that at times it can feel very overwhelming and very much like some hats are worn better than others. As I sit here and type this I can say that I am getting to the point where I can wear all types of hats! Simply put I am happy, content, enjoying the moments and being able to balance all that life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment