Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!!!



Today is Father's day, and my blog is dedicated to my husband!Who I must say is one amazing father! My husband and I have been married for going on eight years this upcoming August, but we have been together for almost seventeen years! We grew up together, we've laughed, we've cried, we've fought and we have loved and I can only imagine we are going to do more of all of the above!!! The most important thing we have done together is start our family!!!! When were going to become parents for the first time I must say I was a little scared, I wondered how I would be as a mother and I wondered how he would be as a father! I knew he was a gentle and loving man but I just didn't see how he could be with a newborn. For some reason him with a newborn was a picture I could not grasp!

But when Layla was born he surprised me in a way that is beyond words! The man he became at the time of Layla's birth made me fall in love with him all over again. Seeing him with the girls is something! They share a beyond that I must admit at times I'm jealous of. They speak there own language, they make up songs, stories, they play, they laugh! You can see that my children's entire happiness revolves around this man!
Last year we had a run of bad luck and my husband was laid off from his job, thus making him the primary care giver of our girls, mind you I had just had Ava so he was stuck at home all day with a 3 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. In that year I saw exactly what kind of man he is. Yes we had bumps in the road,there were times I got home from work and he was waiting for me at the door, telling me that he needed to go outside because just needed a break! Yet he stepped up to the challenge and  totally took to taking care of them and at times I must say that he understands them better than me! Our daughters adore him!
He is a hands on father, if they need changing or a bottle, he is there, he still doesn't give them a bath but we working on that! Just last week he attempted to do Layla's hair, LOL so we getting there!



We may not be the perfect couple but we are perfect for each other. I am truely greatful that I have him in my life there is no one I can even imagine to take this journey with me. I am so proud of the people that we have become and of the parents that we are becoming.

He is the definition of the word father, he is the rock that holds our family together. I cannot envision a day that we are not connected in some way! This blog is a love letter to my husband, for all that he is and all that he will be! My greatest joy is watching him become a father!

Layla wanted me to say "I love my daddy" She interrupted me to tell me to put that when she saw the picture to the left! LOL But she really does she is the typical Daddy's Girl! Those two together are a force! And our little Ava rounds out his little gang! I hear him now gettting ready for his softball game, Layla is asking one of her crazy questions yet he takes the time to listen to her! He listens to everything she says and he talks to her and he never dismisses her thoughts or ideas as just crazy talk from a three year old! I guess that's why she always says her daddy is her best friend! I can go on forever about how great dad he is, but I am just thankful that on this Father's day I get to call Hector L. Fernandez, my husband, my friend, my partner, and my girls get to call him Daddy!

We love you more than you will ever know! Thank you for being you and thank you for the greatest dad to our little ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment