Monday, February 13, 2012

Cool Finds From Walmart!

Check out this icon on the left!!! Walmart is now making much easier and inexpensive for us to make healthier chooses for our family! "Great For you” icons will initially appear on select Walmart Great Value and Marketside items, as well as on fresh and packaged fruits and vegetables at Walmart U.S. stores nationwide this spring. We all know that we need to eat better and teach our kids how to choose healthier options for our meals! Now Walmart is joining the effort to make us healthier by starting the "Great For You" campaign. Here is the press release that was sent to me. I am passing on this information on to my readers because I feel that in my own family I have a hard time finding healthier options and this information will be a great benefit to me and I hope that it's a great benefit to you!

Here is part of the press release that was sent to me letting me know about this campaign:

"Walmart moms are telling us they want to make healthier choices for their families, but need help deciphering all the claims and information already displayed on products," said Andrea Thomas, senior vice president of sustainability at Walmart. "Our 'Great For You' icon provides customers with an easy way to quickly identify healthier food choices. As they continue to balance busy schedules and tight budgets, this simple tool encourages families to have a healthier diet.""Today's announcement by Walmart is yet another step toward ensuring that our kids are given the chance to grow up healthy," said First Lady Michelle Obama. "Just over a year ago, Walmart committed to save shoppers a billion dollars in their cost of fruits and vegetables and the fact that Walmart exceeded this number is a real accomplishment and a milestone in our efforts to support families eating better. In addition, the healthy seal will be another tool for parents to identify the best products for their kids. Giving parents the information they need to make healthy choices is a key piece of solving childhood obesity."


I know I have come to a point in my life that I am beginning to realize that I need to take care of myself and my body and begin to start eating better and thus hopefully showing my family how to eat healthier! I hope this small piece of information will help you guys make healthier chooses as well! Thank you Walmart for all your efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment