Wednesday, August 14, 2013

We have moved to Florida!!!!



So we finally did it!!! After a lot of soul searching we have made the move to Florida! This has been the hardest decision I think I have ever had to make. It's crazy, I was born and raised in the Bronx, and though I always wanted to give my kids a better upbringing than I have I never thought of moving out of New York to do. My husband has always wanted to move and that's where our dilemma started. But after having Spawn #3 I decided that I didn't want to live in the "what if". So we saved up some money, quit our jobs, packed our bags and relocated to Florida.

Saying good bye to what I have known my whole life was really hard. Saying good bye to friends and family was extremely hard. I had built a community of people that was amazing in every aspect of the word!!! See I never went away to school, I never did a semester abroad, I have never lived anywhere other than the Bronx, so for me this was a big thing. 

We have been here almost a month now and though I still feel like I am on vacation, little by little it is becoming home because one thing that I have learned that home is where ever we make it. My husband my children, that is home! Though I am still getting use to living a slower paced life than in New York, my kids love it, my husband is happy and I am adjusting. 

Adjusting... that word has become a staple in my life at the moment. Everyday its an adjustment, but I have some friends here, family and a great support system, so all in all we are better than most! I must say its a great adventure! Who knew. Moving to a new city, finding out where is the best Chinese food, where do they do hair good, where can I get the cheapest manicure!!! All these new discoveries are fun and we get to do them together as a family. We are all adjusting it is new for all of us. It's an adventure!!! We took the leap together as a family, and I would not change one thing of it! 

We are learning everything together. Soon Big little lady will start school and she is really excited! We are beginning our normal routine here and it really doesn't matter where we are, as long as we are together I know we will be fine! Bonus! I am really going to love winter in Florida!!! No more cold winters for me!!! I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment